When our site for the first time interviewed Örjan Andersson in March 2005, Orjan just found a bathroom in a friend’s room to do custom screen printing. Just over four years later Örjans projects Weekday by Cheap Monday have been bought by H & M, reached international success for today sold in about 30 countries. Now Örjan also been appointed Swedish men ”s most powerful person of the King magazine. – It has gone very quickly. But has also been very enjoyable. I still remember that bathroom. It was really fun to do all the screen itself although it was a little inconvenient to have to take a break as soon as someone had to go to the bathroom. Today it is a little easier, says Örjan Andersson.
Can such a big brand Weekday and Cheap Monday retain the personal feeling? – It’s a very interesting question. I always try to start from the original feeling we had at the start. But it’s a very delicate balance.
Your perhaps most characteristic model Tight’s become almost a Swedish design icon. How do you see yourself on tight?
It’s our very first fit as I have led since 2004. Stretch fabric makes it a real unisex style that suits both boys and girls, while it is a very classic jeans model.
Newly hired you Ann-Sofie Back as chief designer. What will it mean for the men’s part?
– It will mean a lot especially for our uppers. I have always said that the ambition of hiring Ann-Sofie is to give the collection a better overall feeling and a clear red thread. At the same time, the jeans will always be the starting point. Ann-Sofie feel like I feel good about jeans so it should be no problem to produce even good uppers.
Finally, how do you see the King’s appointment to the Swedish men’s most powerful person?
– Of course I am very happy and proud. While I’m not a power-hungry person. But I’ll see if I can figure out a way to exploit the award.
Per Nilsson, editor of the King behind the list Swedish men ”s 100 most powerful; This is the third year King presents list. How have men’s fashion has changed during those three years?
– Interest in menswear continues to increase constantly. As early as three years ago, men’s fashions become more accepted and the trend has remained positive. Fashion is if possible even more fashion today.
How have power and influence over men’s clothing habits changed?
– It’s no secret that fashion bloggers while becoming more and more is becoming an increasingly power. Today there are very many people with great influence. We have always wanted to create a list as honest as possible which is why we have chosen people with different backgrounds and with a variety of professions. All that may affect us men in the way we dress.
What makes Örjan Andersson year’s winner?
– Simply because he designs and provides us with the fashion world’s premier multi-purpose garments, jeans. H & M’s takeover of Weekday and Cheap Monday has strengthened Örjans position further.
Otherwise, it may not jeans are the most characteristic garment of current fashion?
Jeans are clearly a timeless garment. Although it is not the most trendy, jeans are always. The only thing that is different from season to season washes.
Do you have some jeans from Cheap Monday?
– No, not really. I do not think the editors laughed as much as three years ago when I tried a couple of red Cheap Monday jeans. There is absolutely no fault on the jeans but the problem was rather my body, in combination with the fit. Orjan said yesterday, however, that the Cheap Monday now has over 30 fits so it really starts to become position to test a new pair.
To read the list of Swedish men’s 100 most powerful in its entirety, click here.
Steve Angello Releases The Powerful ‘Gensis’ EP
Family Definition Print, Wall Art Print, Quote Print, Wall …
Tag : names « Best Swedish dating websites that STILL works
Spyder Men’s Leader Jacket – Menecloth
Anita Ekberg: Muses, Cinematic Women
Bring Enough Gun: A look at Safari rifles for the ‘Fatal Five’
TID No.1 Watch
Bloody medieval warfare
Photos: Kos, Greece deadly earthquake aftermath
Infinity Gauntlet : Jim Starlin : 9780785156598
Missing Faces By Henrietta Harris – Fubiz Media
Björn Borg looks tanned in Wimbledon royal box
Words, Mindset and Of life on Pinterest
World Economic Forum: Countries where women have most …
I4M Country profile iran (in english)
If Indian and Swedish isn’t the most exotic mixture I don …
What Animal Is Your ‘Game Of Thrones’ Sigil?
Life Hussars (NTW unit)