The fair Pitti Uomo happens every six months in Florence, Italy, bringing some of the most important launches of the masculine fashion world. In this issue that occurs from 19 to 22 July, 1.065 brands gather at the Fortezza de Basso, a number that grows each year. On the other hand we have the more than 32.000 visitors of the event and that 20,000 of them are buyers representing the most important retailers of the world.
Much of what is launched at the Pitti Uomo is purchased by large stores, it will be seen by the entire world and create trends. Soon other brands will use these parts as reference to their own collections, consolidating the success of which was launched at the fair and, from there, arise networks, such as Zara, H&M, TopShopand even the C&A that will popularize the most of all of the creations that were viewed months ago and passed on by the commercial cycle of fashion.
When someone says that SPFW is important to show the trends of brazilian fashion, is actually stating that it is there that the national designers show what they have incorporated from what was seen at fashion weeks such as Pitti Uomo, since the northern hemisphere is 6 months ahead in relation to the releases in Brazil.
In the midst of so many brands, some of them devise marketing strategies special to advertise your products outside of the traditional stands. On the website of Pitti Uomo (in English) was published a list of these actions, I will mention some just to give an idea of what happens there:
- The global launch of the new collection from 7 For All Mankind;
- Ben Shermanpresents internationally its new men’s collection in one of the most special of the Fortezza, call Cannoniera;
- The acclaimed designer jeans G-Staruses the Ottagonale Room to organize an exhibition/event Raw Denim Dome. The second announced the brand will present a jeans with a new look, totally unusual and creative, called the Raw Denim;
- A preview of the worshipped brand of surfwear and bikewear deus Ex Machina;
- The back of the brand Edun of the wife of Bono, Ali Hewson;
- After 2 years of research and experiments in the segment of vintage luxury, Sivigliareturns to Pitti Uomo to present its line of tip Siviglia White;
- Cesare Paciottiwill be presenting the footwear collection premium for men;
- The world premiere of Hancock, the collection designed by Timothy Everest;
- The celebration of the first 5 years of Orlebar Brownwith the launch of a capsule collection, in collaboration with the Getty Images.
Until the mania of the brazilian press to register the looks of the corridors of the fashion events comes from events such as Pitti Uomo, only that unlike most images schizophrenic that we have here in Florence for both the participants as well as visitors to display elegance, enviable, below is a photo of a visitor and click on the mega gallery with photos from the current event and the previous to see more:Contrary to what you may think, the Pitti Uomo is not exclusively made for designer european so expensive, among its exhibitors we have popular names such as Converse All Star, Crocs and Levi’s, among others.
It is worth remembering that Pitti Uomo is part of a larger event called Pitti Immagine promotes in parallel with the fair male another project geared to the female audience known as Pitti W, more or less on the same lines as what has been described here and with similar importance. At the end of June they repeat the dose, but only for children’s fashion brands at Pitti Immagine Bimbo.
Below is a video with a general of Pitti Uomo:
[vsw id=”RQwwHftI5Hg” source=”youtube” width=”570″ height=”390″ autoplay=”no”]
This was the parade of Valentino to the current edition of the fair:
[vsw id=”wZI0vil33MQ” source=”youtube” width=”570″ height=”390″ autoplay=”no”]
Needless to say, that I am dying to see this event up close!